What is Kickstart?
The Kickstart Scheme is a six month paid job with a local employer, funded by the government. It provides an opportunity for you to get the experience of working in one of a range of different businesses.
Am I eligible?
Jobs from the Kickstart scheme will be open to people 16-24 years old, who are claiming Universal Credit, and are at risk of long term unemployment. If you have a work coach they will talk to you about the Kickstart Scheme and whether it’s right for you. The first jobs should be available from November.
What are the benefits of Kickstart?
- Paid six month high quality work placement
- Personalised action plan for relevant on-the-job training and qualifications
- Develop new skills you wouldn’t learn in a classroom
- Enhance your CV and future job prospects
- Increase your confidence
- Get a taste of the world of work
- Support after your placement to help with job applications, apprenticeships or further training
Find out more
Talk to your work coach to find out more. If you don’t have a work coach, find out more about your career options. You can also get help with career planning and finding the right job options by visiting the National Careers Service website or calling the NCS freephone helpline 0161 393 6473 option 2 from 8:00am to 10:00pm seven days a week.